The Super 190 upgrade is suited to the flagship 2.0-litre Mazda MX-5 ND models and has been designed with complete forward compatibility with further BBR engine upgrades that will be launched to market in 2016.
Key components of the BBR Super 190 include:-
- BBR Cold air intake system
- BBR optimised exhaust manifold with 2.5-inch diameter outlet
- BBR 2.5” high flow stainless steel TIG welded exhaust centre section with integrated sports catalyst
- BBR Grand Tourer stainless steel rear silencer with adjustable (fits all bodykit/bumper options) twin 2.5″ BBR branded tailpipes
- BBR Starchip and ProECU Hardware / Software Bundle (DIY Customers)
- Custom Dyno Tune with Printout (Fitted Customers)
The Super 190 builds upon the entry level (StarChip) upgrade by improving the inlet and exhaust efficiency of the Skyactiv engine, whilst retaining full MOT compliance and everyday usability.
As its name suggests the BBR Super 190 produces a stunning 190bhp at 6700rpm (30bhp more than the stock 2.0-litre ND) which affords the sub 1000 kilo MX-5 scintillating performance, particularly at higher engine speeds.
However, this extra urge does not come at the expense of driveability, because the BBR Super 190 equipped 2.0-litre MX-5 produces an impressive 24lb.ft torque more the standard car (up to a total of 176lb.ft) at just 3550 rpm, some 1400 revs lower than the stock engine. Crucially a minimum of 150lb.ft of torque is always available from just 2500rpm to 6500rpm, highlighting the driveability of the Super 190 enhanced car which provides ample urge without troubling the gear lever.
Combined with the subtle but sporty note from the BBR 2.5-inch diameter high flow stainless steel exhaust system, the BBR 190 turns the 2.0-litre ND MX-5 into a real enthusiast’s car, turning every drive into an exciting event.