The ultimate forced induction package for the 2.0 MX-5 ND
BBR has extensive experience of turbocharging MX-5 engines since the late 1980’s, this latest development completes our portfolio of turbo upgrades for four generations of Mazda’s iconic sportscar.
The key element of the Stage 1 turbo upgrade is the utilisation of a bespoke latest generation twin-scroll turbocharger. The BBR twin-scroll turbocharger features billet compressor wheel and lightweight, low inertia turbine in a compact internally wastegated assembly. This works in perfect harmony with the Mazda SKYACTIV-G engine’s ultra-efficient ethos, resulting in a highly efficient and responsive forced induction solution, with enhanced exhaust scavenging working as the original 4-2-1 Mazda SKYACTIV-G exhaust manifold.
The all-new ‘Stage 1’ turbocharger upgrade package increases power to a stunning 248 bhp at 7150 rpm, allied to an impressive 236 lb.ft of torque at just 3250 rpm. 0-60 mph time is slashed to 5.0 seconds, top speed is electronically limited to 155 mph, a consequence of its impressive 233 bhp per ton power to weight ratio.
Cleverly designed to install without intrusive mechanical or body alterations, the BBR Stage 1 turbocharger upgrade is straightforward to fit and reverse should clients wish to revert their car to standard or transfer the conversion at any time.
Key components of the BBR Stage 1 Turbo include:-
- BBR bespoke twin scroll hybrid TSX30-71R turbocharger including jet turbine specification fixings
- BBR bespoke cast iron twin scroll exhaust manifold
- BBR stainless steel downpipe
- BBR high-flow lightweight front mounted aluminium intercooler with factory look black intake pipes
- BBR high-flow custom silicone turbo pipes in factory look black finish with stainless steel hose clamps and unique black coating
- BBR lightweight aluminium battery tray in factory black finish
- BBR Recirculating piston type dump valve in factory black finish
- BBR / Bosch MAP / Temperature sensor
- BBR high efficiency carbon fibre turbocharger heat shield
- BBR high flow K&N Typhoon induction kit
- BBR stainless steel oil and water lines
- BBR Starchip EcuTek RaceRom calibration software