The CorkSport Throttle Body for Mazdaspeed 3, Mazdaspeed 6, and Mazda CX-7
Introducing the first and only performance throttle body for the MZR DISI that offers no
By taking a ground-up approach we were able to succeed in making a throttle body that performs better than OE while retaining OE fitmentand daily drivability. With easy installation and drop in fitment, you are sure to enjoy the gains from the CorkSport Throttle Body.
Share your performance review with the CorkSport community once installed! with #CorkSport
The CorkSport Advantage
Ground Up Approach
Instead of trying to enlarge an OE throttle body or adapting to a different vehicle’s throttle body to work, we started this project from the ground up. This gave us complete design freedom to make the best throttle body possible. The CorkSport Throttle Body uses 100% brand new parts. The body is an aluminum investment casting that was made precisely to our CAD optimized specifications. Coupled with new electronics that are based on the OE logic, the CS throttle body is truly a full OE replacement.
The CorkSport Throttle Body increases the throttle plate diameter from 60mm to 72mm to allow for the maximum flow that can be achieved with the OE bolt pattern. This may not sound like a very large increase, but the stock throttle body opening fits inside the CS Throttle Body opening with plenty of room! To further help with flow, the face of the throttle plate is flat. By using a D-shaped center pivot, the airflow does not have to go around a bump right in the center of the throttle plate. Plus, this design has been endurance tested to ensure that it will stand up to the test of time.
By sticking to 72mm, the OE bolt pattern could be retained. That means the install stays simple and does away with any need for special adapter plates or a different intake manifold. It has been test-fitted and proven to work on OE, CorkSport, and JMF intake manifolds. 72mm is also the optimum size for versatility between 2.5"; and 3"; intercooler piping so it will fit almost any TMIC or FMIC setup. As a final touch, an O-ring groove is machined into the body with an included O-ring so you do not need to re-use the OE gasket (it's too small for the 72mm opening anyway). Don't worry though; the O-ring is safe with oil, gas, methanol, ethanol, and other chemicals that may find a home in your engine.
Tested and Proven
We have extensively tested the CorkSport Throttle Body and have found that it flows about 150CFM more than OE when the throttle body is 75% open (which is 100% accelerator). This is about a 33% increase over the stock throttle body. That is all well and good but what does it mean? In daily driving, we noticed better response with no CEL or choppiness. When testing for power on a midsize turbo (GT30 size), we primarily noticed that the turbo was spooling at a lower RPM. When we moved to a big turbo (GT35R or larger) we saw 100-200RPM lower spooling and an increase in midrange power.
Checkout the dyno graph to see for yourself, blue is the CS throttle body, green is the OE throttle body. Note: there were no changes other than adding the CorkSport Throttle Body.
Hardware and Accessories
Each CorkSport Throttle Body comes with everything you should need for installation. Aside from the TB itself, every unit comes with stainless steel mounting hardware and a 3"; stainless steel t-bolt clamp to attach the throttle body to the silicone piping. You also get to choose whatever silicone will work best for your application. This includes:
- 3"; straight and 3” to 2.5” straight couplers for front mount intercooler setups.
- 3"; to 2.75” elbow for Mazdaspeed 3 and Mazda CX-7 top mount intercooler setups.
- 3"; to 2.75"; straight coupler for Mazdaspeed 6 top mount intercooler setups.
- Vehicle Fitment:2007-2013 Mazdaspeed 3, 2006-2007 Mazdaspeed 6, 2007-2012 Mazda CX-7
- Designed in America: Designed in Vancouver, Washington, in the Pacific Northwest.
- CorkSport Service & Support: Receive a 2-year warranty,
- The CorkSport Throttle Body does not retain the OE throttle body coolant ports. This does not cause any adverse effects; however, the coolant lines will need to be rerouted upon installation.
- The CorkSport Throttle Body has not been test-fitted with every single intake manifold and intercooler piping option on the market. Fitment may vary.
- The CorkSport Throttle Body has not been test-fitted with any throttle body spacers. Fitment may vary.
- The CorkSport Throttle Body can be installed with no tuning, however, to ensure optimum performance and engine health, a tune after installation is recommended.