LA Clutch Series adds Toyota 86 (ZN6) and Subaru BRZ (ZC6) to its line up
To compliment use with the GT Supercharger kit, torque capacity is rated at 400Nm (41Kgm / 295lbft) which approximates to 295kw (400ps). This superior capacity for a single plate clutch allows full use of 86/BRZ with high power levels.
As well as torque capacity, light weight and ease of operation where also balanced making fitment to NA vehicles feel natural with increased response which facilitates quick shifting.
φ230 MG COMPOSITE DISC
PEDAL WEIGHT AND PRESSURE BALANCE
Despite the increased pressure to withstand high torque levels, the clutch pedal is heavy maintaining a positive feel.
STRAP DRIVE MECANISM
Strap Drive Mechanism in the clutch cover allows for clean and accurate disengagement.
Weight is reduce to suit each application. This allows increase response and acceleration and smooth action which can be lost when too light.
NOISE REDUCTION & TRANSMISSION PROTECTION
Disc damper reduces gear noise and protects the transmission from impact torque.
- "Allowable Range" is the range of engine torque which is allowable unless the clutch is overheated by intentional clutch semi-engagement.
- "Conditional Allowable Range" is the range slippage may occur due to rough handling, kickback from tires, components’ distortion.
- "Range beyond Allowable Range" is the range that slippage occurs when a clutch is being engaged under high RPM.
- "Mechanical Limit" is the point that slippage occurs when accelerating during normal driving.
- During idling or accelerating around 2000rpm, some chattering may be heard but there is no mechanical fault.
■COMPARISON LA CLUTCH vs. STOCK CLUTCH
|Stock||LA Clutch||% Change|
|Pedal force (N) ※1||103||157||152%|
|Flywheel weight (kg)||9.28||5.82||63%|
|Clutch Disc Weight (kg)||1.52||1.48||97%|
|Kit Weight (kg)||15.72||12.07||77%|
※1 The force on pedal is a measured value of actual vehicle. There is a margin of error for each vehicle, it's an approximation.
|Product||Vehicle||Model||E/G||Model Year||Code No.||Price||Remarks|
|Clutch Cover||86/BRZ||ZN6/ZC6||F20A||12/04-||26999-AT012||Due for release soon|
|Clutch Disc||26999-AT013||Due for release soon|